At the beginning of each month we get a status report that shows how the local real estate market is doing compared to previous years. Here are some key highlights from the September Status Report.
· Overall – When looking at the sales figures for this month, sales have been flat with a <1% change in unit volume and a small increase in the total sales volume and average sale price. However, there are some bright spots within the residential and land classes. See the details below:
· Residential Sales
· Condominiums - Unit sales up again this month by 6%, total volume sold is up 13% and average sale price up 7%. Condominium sales have done well over June, July and August; however, sales have fallen off in September. The MLS will keep an eye on these numbers to determine if this is a long term trend.
· Single Family detached homes - Unit sales were down again this month by 3% and total volume sold is down by 1%; however, average sale price is up by 2%.
· Inventory – Residential property inventory is down 10% (1642 units vs 1819 units).
· Land Sales – Unit sales are still up 6%, total volume sold is up 13%, average sale price is 7% and median sale price is down 2%. Lots / Land inventory is down 16% (882 units vs 1056 units).
· Distressed Properties –
· Short sales – Only one short sale listing sold this month; however average sale price is up 23%. · Bank Owned – Only three bank owned listings sold this month; however, average sale price is up 24%.
As far as specific areas go, here is a little break down:
Corolla – residential unit sales stayed the same, however the median sale price dropped 8%
Duck – unit sales decreased, but pricing increased
FindOBXHomes.com is the home of your Full Service Outer Banks Real Estate Experts. We combine the latest in technology with exceptional personal service. We walk you through every step along the way from our first hello to closing day and beyond. Whether you are a first time buyer or a seasoned investor, our goal is to turn our first transaction into a lifelong relationship.
I thought this article written by Bob Sullivan for credit.com gives a
"Alex presented an excellent marketing plan. Immediate response when contacted. Feedback on progresswas comprehensive and complete. After cottage being on the market for an extended period of time with other agents, Alex produced two offers almost immediately (excellent Marketing). We feel we made a friend at the same time."