November 2016 Status Report

November 2016 Status Report

At the beginning of each month we get a status report that shows how the local real estate market is doing compared to previous years. Here are some key highlights from the November Status Report.

Summary

 · Overall – Comparing 2016 sales with 2015 sales, it appears that 2016 is trending a little below last year with unit sales down 1% (15 units), total volume sold up 1% ($8,728,314) and average sale price up 2% ($8,024), but there are some bright spots in 2016. See the breakdown below:

 · Inventory – Resident property inventory is down 11%, Lots / Land inventory is down 21% and Commercial inventory is down 13%

· Residential Sales Condo Sales – Condo unit sales are at their highest level since 2005 and if the sales trend continues in December, then Condo sales will break the all-time sales record set in 2005. As of November 30, 164 units have been sold (178 units sold in 2005). Single Family Detached – Single Family Detached unit sales are on track to make 2016 the second best year since 2005 when 1819 units were sold.

· Land Sales – Land unit sales are up 6% over 2015 and the total volume sold is up 8%. Will this trend continue?

 · Distressed Properties – Short Sale sales picked up in November after two months of very little activity but Bank Owned property sales remained the same. Not much to report on.

 As far as specific areas go, here is a little break down:

Corolla – residential unit sales increased, however the median sale price dropped 14%

Duck – unit sales went up, and pricing increased by 1%

Southern Shores – unit sales decreased, but prices increased 11%

Kitty Hawk – unit sales stayed the same but pricing dropped 1%

Colington – sales increased, but pricing dropped 2%

Kill Devil Hills – unit sales dropped, however pricing increased 13%

Nags Head – residential unit sales went down, and pricing went up 6%

Hatteras Island – unit sales increased by 2, plus pricing increased 2%

Roanoke Island – unit sales went up, and prices increased by 8%

Currituck Mainland – unit sales decreased, but prices went up 8%


Alex Argiroff Headshot
Author:
Phone: 252-202-8148
Dated: December 12th 2016
Views: 594
About Alex: With a degree in Marine Biology Alex has always been drawn to the ocean and so it was no surprise wh...

Property Search








RSS Feed

View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access. RSS

Search Blog

Recent Blogs

Christmas Wish - From our home to yours, Merry
Wright Memorial Bridge Closure And History - The eastbound lanes of the Wright
New OBX Water Park - Well summer is just around the
What To Consider If You Want To Roll Your Student Loans Into Your Mortgage - I thought this article written by

Saved Properties

This is a list of your favorite properties. We will email you if a property is reduced or leaves the market.

Click 'Save' to add a property to this list.

Register / Login

New & returning visitors please enter your information to login.

By clicking 'register' you are agreeing to our terms of use & giving us expressed written consent to contact you.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

This message will go directly to the head of our team.

Location & Address

Findobxhomes.com
3921 Pineway Drive
Kitty Hawk, NC
252-489-2039
252-255-1770